Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fairy Meadows - Pakistan

Fairy Meadows
Fairy Meadows
On 15th July we woke up very early and at 7 am Taimoor came to pick us, it was cold in the morning. We loaded our bags in his jeep purchased some drinks and snacks from a bakery and started our journey. It was cold and Taimoor asked me to wear Jacket and I told him that I forgot to bring it!! Taimoor said without it we cannot proceed as it will be very cold in Fairy Meadows so we stopped at Jaglot and started finding some warm clothes, thankfully at 8:30 am shops were open and I got one Jacket after a lot of search.
Raikot Sarai
Raikot Sarai

We started our journey again and reached Raikot bridge at 10:30 am. After reaching Raikot we hired a Jeep from Raikot bridge to Tato, Taimoor said he will also be going in our jeep and we agreed. It was not an easy 45-minute jeep track. We reached Tato village at 11:30 am and told the jeep driver to come at 12pm on 17th.
walking track to fantori
After few minutes we started our walking track from Tato village to Fairy Meadows. Not an easy one!! Its a three to four hours track, finally we reached Raikot Serai, Fairy Meadows at around 2:45 pm. Dilber Khan  the manager of "Raikot Sarai" welcomed us there and showed us rooms, I selected a room and came back to the lawn. There I met Raji Wali Khan and others. It was very cold there so had to wear the jacket. I was introduced to a couple, they were from Belgium, had some very good time talking to them.
Ali Hameed - Bayal camp
Ali Hameed - Bayal camp
It was very cold at night, next day I planned to go Beyal camp but due to continuous rain I couldn't go there, had some wonderful time talking with Taimur, Dilber and Raji, in evening I asked Taimur to send message to our Jeep driver at Tatu that we will come on 18th. Next day weather was clear so I went to Beyal Camp, it was raining but I reached there safely and stayed there for 2- 3 hours. It was very cold there, I came back at 4 pm to Raikot Serai. On 18th July at 11 am we left Fairy Meadows for Tatu where our Jeep was waiting for us!
Fairy Meadows is an amazing place to visit, we stayed there for 3 nights and after almost seven months I am still missing it badly! I plan every night that I will go there again next July but who knows when will that July come???




Cottages in Fairy meadows
Cottages in Fairy meadows

Greenland hotel Fairy Meadows

More cottages in Fairy Meadows
Update: I went there again last year (2012) and this time visited Tarishing and Astore valley along with Hunza and Fairy Meadows :)

Once you've lived with mountains
You will return
You will come back
To touch the trees and grass
And climb once more the windswept mountain pass


Ruskin Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment