Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gilgit game


PIA ATR at Gilgit Airport
PIA ATR at Gilgit Airport
I was planning to visit Gilgit since my childhood but was never able to go there, even once I had to cancel the tickets at Islamabad airport just before the fight. But in 2006 I decided that we have to go there by all means! That was a very nice trip and we enjoyed a lot and I heard a lot about a place called "Fairy Meadows" but we couldn't go there and I decided that I will comeback next year. So in 2007 I waited impatiently for the summer to come. I booked the air tickets on 4th or 5th July 2007 for 14th July, and we reached Islamabad from Lahore at 5:30 AM on 14th via Daewoo, we were at airport at 6 am and heard a bad news that weather is not good, our flight delayed but finally we reached Gilgit at 12:15 pm and it rained for an hour after we reached there!! We stayed at Taj Hotel and I went to meet Rehmat Nabi who owns "Raikot Sarai" for some guidance regarding our Fairy Meadows trip. I spent 3 hours in his office and found him a very good person, he introduced his cousin Taimur Khan to me and it was decided that Taimur will pick us from hotel at 7 am and will drop us to Raikot bridge. Below are some pictures of that Gilgit trip, I will write another post on "Fairy Meadows" later.


Azadi chowk Gilgit
Azadi chowk Gilgit

NLI chowk Gilgit
NLI chowk Gilgit
Indian Army helicopter, Gilgit
Indian Army captured helicopter on display in Gilgit




1 comment: